Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sermon Notes for April 10,2011


 
Introduction
Mark 16:15 And he said to them, "Go into all the world and proclaim
the gospel to the whole creation.
I want the whole Christ for my Saviour, the whole Bible for my book,
the whole Church for my fellowship, and the whole world for my
mission field.
John Wesley
The mission of the church is to reach the world with the Gospel of
Jesus Christ!
The Purpose
To Make disciples.
A disciple is someone who is committed to Christ and growing in
grace and knowledge.
Disciples are not made in the classroom, they are made in the field.
1Timothy 4:12 Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the
believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.
The Plan
We are called to reach the whole world, not just the United States,
with the Gospel.
God has ordained that his word be presented through public
preaching.
Romans 10:14 How then will they call on him in whom they have not
believed? And how are they to believe in him of whom they have
never heard? And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
Romans 10:15 A are they to preach unless they are sent? As it is
written, "How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the good
news!"
The Partnership
We are in a partnership with God in the great commission. He did not
leave us alone.
Matthew 28:20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded
you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age."
Ephesians 4:11 And he gave the apostles, the prophets, the
evangelists, the shepherds and teachers,
Ephesians 4:12 to equip the saints for the work of ministry, for
building up the body of Christ,
1Timothy 5:17 Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of
double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching.
1Timothy 5:18 For the Scripture says, "You shall not muzzle an ox
when it treads out the grain," and, "The laborer deserves his wages."
Phl 4:15 And you Philippians yourselves know that in the beginning
of the gospel, when I left Macedonia, no church entered into
partnership with me in giving and receiving, except you only.
Phl 4:16 Even in Thessalonica you sent me help for my needs once
and again.
Phl 4:17 Not that I seek the gift, but I seek the fruit that increases to
your credit.


No comments:

Post a Comment