Thursday, May 26, 2011

Daily Devotional


Filled to Overflowing
Psalm 23:5, NIV: "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows."
God calls me to do something, and I begin with enthusiasm. But as some point my fervor fades, and my dedication dissipates. I find I've very little left to give. Perhaps it's because I've been neglecting being filled. David said, "My cup overflows." It is difficult to find your cup overflowing if you do not intentionally hold your cup under the outpouring of God. All too often, we ask the Lord why we feel empty, or why we don't see His fruits, or why we don't feel His presence, or His power, or understand His purpose. All too often, we struggle to find His will and wonder what we're missing; all the while we have yet to diligently seek Him with all our heart. We are like a man who eats nothing all day and wonders why he is hungry the next morning. But God is faithful, and "He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him." Are you empty inside? Seek the Lord diligently and with all your heart. "Blessed are they that hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled."

No comments:

Post a Comment